Make up & Beauty tips master post! You guys have been asking for one, so here it is! If any of these links help you, please reblog the post and spread the word! :)
- Amazing Eyeliner Tricks (ex. Make Your Eyes Look Bigger)
- Never Buy Makeup Wipes Again! (DIY Tutorial)
- Must Have Summer Beauty Products
- Easy Ways to Get Clear Skin! (ex. Egg Mask)
- Unexpected DIY Beauty Tricks (ex. Drinking Beer!?)
- How To Get The Perfect Smokey Eye
- Unhealthy Hair Habits (ex. Ditch The Extensions)
- Eye Catching Eye Makeup Looks
- Makeup Hacks (ex. Colourful Ombre Nails)
YOOO WTF I WAS SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY ON MAKEUP WIPES I DIDN’T EVEN KNOW I COULD MAKE THEM AT HOME!?!?! THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS POST
The ombre nails looks so pretty! <3 I’m gonna reblog this post for future reference
IVE ALREADY REBLOGGED THIS POST LIKE 9879456156 TIMES BUT IDC
What is your acne telling you?
1 & 2: Digestive System — Eat less processed or junk food, reduce the amount of fat in your diet, step up water intake and opt for cooling things like cucumbers.
3: Liver — Cut out the alcohol, greasy food and dairy. This is the zone where food allergies also show up first, so take a look at your ingredients. Besides all this, do 30 minutes of light exercise every day and get adequate sleep so your liver can rest.
4 & 5: Kidneys — Anything around the eyes (including dark circles) point to dehydration. Drink up!
6: Heart — Check your blood pressure (mine was slightly high) and Vitamin B levels. Decrease the intake of spicy or pungent food, cut down on meat and get more fresh air. Besides this, look into ways to lower cholesterol, like replacing “bad fats” with “good fats” such as Omegas 3 and 6 found in nuts, avocados, fish and flax seed. Also, since this area is chock-full of dilated pores, check that your makeup is not past its expiry date or is skin-clogging.
7 & 8: Kidneys — Again, drink up! And cut down on aerated drinks, coffee and alcohol as these will cause further dehydration.
Zone 9 & 10: Respiratory system — Do you smoke? Have allergies? This is your problem area for both. If neither of these is the issue, don’t let your body overheat, eat more cooling foods, cut down on sugar and get more fresh air. Also keep the body more alkaline by avoiding foods that make the body acidic (meat, dairy, alcohol, caffeine, sugar) and adding more alkalizing foods like green veggies and wheatgrass juice. Another thing that most of forget – dirty cell phones and pillow cases are two of the top acne culprits and this area is what they affect the most!
Zone 11 & 12: Hormones — This is the signature zone for stress and hormonal changes. And while both are sometimes unavoidable, you can decrease their effect by getting adequate sleep, drinking enough water, eating leafy veggies and keeping skin scrupulously clean. Another interesting point: breakouts in this area indicate when you are ovulating (and on which side).
Zone 13: Stomach — Step up the fibre intake, reduce the toxin overload and drink herbal teas to help with digestion.
14: Illness — Zits here can be a sign that your body is fighting bacteria to avoid illness. Give it a break, take a yoga class, take a nap, take time to breathe deeply, drink plenty of water and know that everything always works out!
So the next time you break out or notice dark under-eye circles, look to your face map: your skin is probably trying to communicate on behalf of the internal organs. However, do remember that, as with all medical issues, it is always best to see your doctor or dermotologist for a proper prognosis. This is just a general guide to head you off in the right investigative direction – just because you break out between the brows doesn’t always mean you have a bad liver!
whoa. I’m keeping this.
I DONT THINK ANYONE REALIZES HOW MUCH THIS HAS HELPED ME OH MY GOD
fitnessiswellness asked: does the detox diet work?
There are thousands of detox diets out there, with more being invented every day. I don’t know which one you’re thinking of.
But speaking broadly: Most detox diets exist on a scale of “Oh, I guess I’ll be stuck to the toilet today” to “That heart attack killed her.” These diets are typically not safe, healthy or beneficial. They may “work” in the sense that you’ll poop a lot and potentially lose weight, but that shouldn’t be the end goal. Just because it works doesn’t mean that you should go through with it.
They’re unnecessary stress: Your body is built to naturally expel all toxins and harmful entities that you’ll typically ingest. Every time you use the bathroom, you’re getting rid of toxic waste that could potentially harm your body. So in some small way, a liquid diet will partially help you remove toxins, but that doesn’t mean that it’s necessary. If you’re eating right and getting all of your necessary nutrients, you’re peeing and pooping them all out anyway.
We’re designed to get rid of water soluble toxins on a daily basis: They’re naturally taken care of by your liver and excreted via your kidneys. This happens every single time you pee. It’s a near-constant process that will always be in tip-top shape if you have a working set of kidneys and a liver. Peeing more often doesn’t mean that you’re getting rid of a greater quantity, only that you’re getting rid of small amounts more often.
The other category of toxins are fat soluble, and these ones can’t be excreted. They’re stored in your body’s fat content. No amount of water, water-mixtures or short-term crash diets will flush them out.
So these detox diets really aren’t necessary. You can achieve greater positive long-term effects by reevaluating your diet and exercise routine. A detox or fast is not a quick fix to anything - A liquid fast, for example, might lower a person’s cholesterol levels for a short time period. But once they begin to eat their standard diet again, those levels will return to their previous status. Any weight that they lose? It’s coming right back just as quickly. The effects of a fast will barely last 7 days after they’ve finished.
There’s a lot of research and medical literature that show detoxes to be harmful to the average person. Fasting for more than 1 day will lower your immunity, strain your heart and brain, slow down your metabolism, cause flair-ups of mental disorders such as depression and anxiety, lower your energy levels, decrease your fine motor skills, make you experience a delayed reaction time and could lead to severe dehydration. Extending a detox past 7 days puts a ridiculous amount of strain on your brain, heart and kidneys, which can be lethal for some people.
Most doctors recommend that you choose some maintainable goals for the long run rather then set up short-term fasts. The only way that you can get your body in better condition is to treat it better on a regular basis.
If you’d like to read through some resources, check out:
I could have used this information over the last 29 years of my god damn life
My mom taught me to pack like this and she gets mad when I come to visit and sees that I don’t use it.
I need to remember this for uniforms.
Oh my god, I am learning this ASAP. HOW DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS BEFORE?!
im bored of life and everything so i decided to make a post of everything. like a ref list of workouts, studying help, writing, drawing… etc! this will literally take me hours i s2g
- a way to high marks and be on tumblr the same time.
- science translated to english :)
- collection of studying mixes
- selfcontrol and various pomodoro method site blockers are extremely helpful when you know you need to shut down your access to distracting websites
- simplynoise, mynoise, rainymood, coffitivity, soundrown, simplyrain,naturesoundplayer, naturesoundsforme are good background voices
- a site that would explain to you literally anything
- organizing your time, studying strategies.. etc
- study skills
- how to google
- learning how to revise
- improving your revision skills
- learn geography
- shop books online
- alt. to wikipedia
- final exams guide
- get motivated to study
- tips for a productive study break
- when should I go to bed?
- microsoft word equivalent
- free online books
- more free books
- can’t do your homework?
- “no homework” excuses
- how to get unblocked internet in school (chrome only)
- words to make you seem more intelligent
- emotions vocabulary
- how to write a kickass essay
- alternatives to “said”
- alternatives to “whispered”
- tip of my tongue
- Read any book (apparently)
- writing fantasy stories
- character flaws
- writers block (1) (2)
- writing a death scene
- bio help
- degrees of emotions
- writing ref
- music to help you write
- painting tutorial
- colour palette (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)
- drawing clothe folding
- avoiding drawing the same face
- draw ice
- anatomy help
- free drawing program (1) (2)
- sai brushes (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8)
- draw hair
- drawing ref
- dont know what to draw?
- draw 3D room tut
- drawing eyes
- lip tutorial
- how to draw jeans
- how to draw arms
- expression tutorial
- drawing hair and fur
- drawing cats
- pose reference blog [its actually a blog full of references i-]
- download photoshop
- paint blood
- color blender
- draw hands
- hands 2
- photoshop help (1) (2) (3) (4) (5)
- remove backgrounds from images online
- brush setting ref (SAI)
- kissing ref
- how to draw curls
- realistic woman body ref
- draw knees
- draw feet
- shadow help
- male body
- lips ref
- contouring and highlighting
- draw wings
- change images using blur (PS)
- hat ref
- glowing stuff
- pastel colors
- draw grass
- eyeliner ref
- punk rock makeup
- disney eye makeup
- coverup tattooes
- how to apply blush
- 6 makeup tips
- ombre eyeliner
- what makeup complements my complexion?
- what makeup suits you?
- lipstick tricks
- how to do your makeup with a spoon
- messy bun tutorial
- different ways to braid
- three-braid updo
- waterfall braid
- how to fishtail
- romantic curls
- braid + bun updo
- how to do pastel hair
- 8 ways to wear a bow
- 4-strand braid
- braided bun
- braided headband
- dutch braid crown
- pin curls!
- how to contour
- everyday makeup routine
- lipstick using crayons
- eyeliner ref wow
- filling in eyebrows
- banana facial mask (moisturizes)
- strawberry facial mask (acne prone skin)
- avocado facial mask (dry skin)
- yogurt facial mask (sensitive skin)
- list of oils to add to your face masks
- already made masterpost :*
- hot chocolate using nutella -gasp-
- 4 different smoothies
- chocolate chip cookies
- tastiest starbucks drinks
- best grilled cheese
- winter sore throat tea
- best chocolate cake
- apple pies (mini aw-)
- extra fancy garlic bread
- french bread pizza
- muffin in a mug
- how to make nutella fudge
- lavender lemonade wow
- 15 pound homemade snickers bar
- make candy crystal meth
- Macaroni and cheese in a mug
- cheap & healthy snacks
- Every Starbucks drink and pasty
- tv shows masterpost hola
- movie masterpost
- scary movies
- movies to watch when you’re sad
- when to pee during a movie
- glee season 1,2,3,4 + 5
- ja’mie private school girl
- adventure time master list
- doctor who
- pirates of the carriben series
- walking dead season 1,2,3 + 4
- american horror story season 1 + 2
- a list of over 900 movies with links
- white noise
- coffee shop
- all the music you’ve reblogged
- stay happy
- listen to the rain
- GET HYPED
- play piano
- math textbooks
- gutenberg project
- free audio books
- masterpost of books wow
- answer trivia questions and give people rice
- make a a giant squid pillow!
- make your own acapella band
- live ocean
- pokemon secret base
- read creepy wikipedia articles
- read more creepy wikipedia articles
- disney lies/ urban legends (probs not real like-)
- this will take you to a cool place
- your online garden
- sand art online
- wow just open it omg
- cool websites for wasting time (1, 2, 3 )
- how to help someone who is suicidal
- make a blanket nest
- click daily to give free food to an animal shelter
- 2500 Japanese emoticons
- homemade wax
- gift ideas for cat lovers
- moss graffiti
- make a flower crown
- night vale monopoly
- learn how to survive a zombie apocalypse
- how to play ‘sherlock’
- supernatural workout
- learn a new language!
- learn london slang
- take personality tests
- watch this video
- make gifs
- see what its like to live on minimum wage
- watch great vines
- make glitter out of salt
- make dip-dyed shoes
- learn to read korean in 15 minutes
- how to make origami
- color matching game
- fun sites masterpost
- how to be an adult
- check your postlimit
- make a wand
- find out if a website is safe
- make a font from your handwriting
- emergency compliment
- cute yahoo answers
- calming manatee
- calming gif
- coping skills and distractions
- draw a stickman
- daily puppy
- guided relaxation
- the thoughts room
- go to a quiet place
- cut something instead of yourself
- let it out
- self injury recovery masterpost
- free hugs
- coping skills & distractions
- make a comfort box
- literally everything
- a little from everything
- tile/repeating/pattern background